It's Menu For Hope time, one of my favorite blogging times of the year. Menu for Hope raises money for those the World Food Program to help feed those who are hungry. You purchase raffle tickets, for $10 each, towards donated prizes. Each $10 you spend gets you another chance to win. There are so many great prizes this year, I know you will have fun browsing through them. For a full list, see Chez Pim's site.
Usually, I post about my offering over on Cook & Eat. But this year, I'm offering up a package I'm calling "Time to Shoot the Doughnuts!" which seemed more fitting for this blog & my newest blog project, The Doughnut Cookbook.
My package, code UW32, is for a 1 on 1 day of food photography & styling workshop in my studio. We will tackle food styling, camera and light settings and spend the afternoon practicing! The winner is responsible for travel and lodging to Seattle, WA. Doughnuts, lunch and equipment will be provided.
OR If you'd rather (because maybe you can't get to Seattle), you can choose a personalized doughnut kit instead. This kit will including a recipe of the winner's choice from Doughnuts before it is published, a doughnut cutter and mini doughnut baking sheet, the dry ingredients for the doughnut recipe of the winner's choice, and a signed copy of Doughnuts once it is released. I'll also include some online photography mentoring for 1 month.
I hope this inspires you to get out there and bid! I know that we are all on tighter budgets these days, but hunger doesn't go away because our own funds run low.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list. (mine is UW32)
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 - 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!