Culinary Communion in West Seattle offers this new series course starting in late May. Each Monday evening for 4 weeks, students will gather to learn the key to restaurant food styling with Chef Hope Sandler.
Techniques covered will include:
- Filo dough techniques: purse, strudel, cup, fettuccine, shard, pillow, tart
- Wonton skin techniques, noodle baskets, potato maxims, crispy herb leaves
- Vegetable, herb, and fruit work
- Stencil shaping tuiles
- Chocolate techniques: leaves, honeycomb, marble
- Cooked sugar techniques: caramel sticks, baskets, spun sugar, brÃ»lÃ©e
- Utilizing sauces, stencils, and powders to decorate plates.
The series is $320, and each class includes a full meal. Registration is limited to 10 students.
For more information on this class, or other offerings from Culinary Communion, visit their website.
Technorati Tags: Food Styling