Yay! It's Menu for Hope time again! Very likely one of my favorite blogging events from last year. Really. It's foodie-shopping and doing something great for so many lives. How can you beat it?
In the past two years since Pim (of Chez Pim) created the event, food bloggers have raised funds for the American Red Cross (aid for Tsunami victims) and UNICEF. This year, the money raised will be donated to the United Nations World Food program, to help feel those who are in need. What could be more fitting.
This is the first year that my food blog has been up and running full time for the event, and I'm incredibly pleased to offer up this Coffee Lover's Package (UW11).
It starts off with a jar of my kick @$$! blend of home roast that will get your morning rolling with a bang. It's a blend of Intelligentsia coffee (Tres Santos) with a handful of Kaapi Royale Robusto, which contains 4x the normal caffeine gives crema like you wouldn't believe with a beautiful bittersweet finish... perfect for espresso or a French Press. Your beans will be roasted just before they are popped into the post, so they will be perfectly fresh on arrival. Plus, you get to serve up your new brew in a new set of Rosanna espresso cups. I have a set of these gorgeous demitasse, each with their own graphics. And to top it off, I'll include an 8x10 signed, matted and framed print of one of my photos, like this one featuring the Rosanna cups:
(As the winning bidder, you will be able to choose your photo to print from (almost) any of my photos posted on Flickr.)
Not a coffee fan? No worries, there are tons of other great prizes to bid on! Just check out Chez Pim for the list... (or, go to Becks & Posh for the West Coast round-up)
Then, here's what you should do...
1. Go to the donation page at ( http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII/ )
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. My coffee package is prize code UW11. Please specify which prize or prizes (by code) you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW11 and 3 for UW02.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)
(In case you were wondering, I am an Amazon affiliate, and purchases from links in this post to Amazon may earn me a nickel or two... so thanks!). blog comments powered by Disqus
Lara Ferroni is a former tech geek turned food geek who spends her days exploring the food culture of the Pacific Northwest. As a food writer and photographer, you might spy her learning to make kim chee in the back rooms of a local church, foraging for wild berries, or snapping away in the some of the Seattle and Portland's finest kitchens. You can find her work in publications such as Epicurious.com, Gourmet.com, Edible Communities (Seattle, San Francisco), Seattle Magazine, Seattle Metropolitan as well as numerous cookbooks, including Doughnuts: Simple and Delicious Recipes to Make at Home.